Rafic F. ABDRAKHMANOV
Institute for History
Dept. of History of Social Thought
and Islamic Studies
Tatarstan Academy of Science,
Born in 1951 in the city of Kazan.
1. Bachelor of Science, Faculty of Philosophy, Moscow State University named after
2. Dissertation for a candidate's degree, 1992
Theme: 'Interconnections of politics and economics in theory and practice of
dictatorship of the proletariat'
Uralskiy State University (Ekaterinburg)
1. 1984-1994 - Kazan State Institute for Culture, Dept. of Philosophy, Senior Teacher
2. 1995-to present Academy of Sciences of Tatarstan Institute for History, Dept. of
History of Social Thought and Islamic Studies, Senior researcher
Fields of research and expert activities:
1997- to present - expert of the mutual Project of Conflict Manager Group (Cambridge, MA)
and Institute of Ethnology and Anthropology (Moscow) Network on Ethnological Monitoring
and Early Warning of Conflict
Areas of specialization: Studies on Statehood in Tatarstan &Federalism in
Language spoken: Russian, Tatar, Reading knowledge & colloquial knowledge of
German, beginner in English.
Rafik Abdrakhmanov, Elmira Mavrina. Republic of
Tatarstan: Model of Ethnological Monitoring. Moscow.1999.150 p.
The prospects of federalism in
Russia // Etno. 2001, N 1. In
collaboration with G.Pougacheva.
Regular expert surveys on ethno-political processes in Tatarstan published in
Bulletin of Network on Ethnological Monitoring and Early Warning of Conflict and among
1. R.Abdrakhmanov Republic in the Mirror of Sociology Network on Ethnological Monitoring
and Early Warning of Conflict. Bulletin, N 13, May 1997.
2. R.Abdrakhmanov. Ex-territorial forms of self-organisations of Tatars Network on
Ethnological Monitoring and Early Warning of Conflict. Bulletin N 25, May-June,1999.
3. R.Abdrakhmanov. United Action of the Opposition Ethnological Monitoring and Early
Warning of Conflict. Bulletin N 26, July-August, 1999. and many others.